Physio Services | Headache Clinic
Headache and Migraine
Most of us have experienced headache at some stage. However, for a significant proportion of the population, headache is a regular occurrence that interrupts their daily life, family, work and education. There are many types of headache with the most common being Tension-Type Headache and Migraine.
The first step in the management of your Headache or Migraine is diagnosis. Once you have a diagnosis, we can advise you on the most appropriate management and treatment options for your Headache or Migraine.
We work closely with your GP, pain specialist, or neurologist to diagnose your specific type of Headache or Migraine as per the International Headache Society classification.
Where does physiotherapy fit in with Headache and Migraine?
Physiotherapy for Headache and Migraine is an emerging area of science and research.
Physiotherapy management of Headache and Migraine involves;
- Getting the right diagnosis for your Headache or Migraine
- Working with you to develop a management plan to fit your work, family and lifestyle
- Educate you on the most appropriate treatment options for your Headache or Migraine
Where appropriate we
• Examine the role of the neck in relation to your Headache or Migraine
• Prescribe exercise as a form of treatment and prevention
• Provide education and support
• Examine stress factors and other triggers
Headache and Migraine is a specialist area of physiotherapy. Michelle Biggins is a chartered physiotherapist with specialist training in the area of Headache and Migraine. She is a member of and works closely with the Migraine Association of Ireland. She has trained and undertaken the following courses in Headache and Migraine;
|Headache Masterclass, Diagnosis and Management||Royal College of Physicians, London|
|Evidence Based Management of Headache||Beaumont Hospital Dublin|
|Level 1 Headache Course, Dean Watson||Stansted, London|
|Level 1 Online follow-on, Dean Watson||Sydney, Australia|
|Introduction to Headache Management||Curtin University, Perth, Australia|